Even the closest of loved ones find it difficult to buy gifts for one another. And chances are, once your relationship – whether friendship, marriage or family – reaches the ten year mark, you would have exhausted all possible gift ideas for a loved one.
Choosing the perfect gift for a loved one can be a daunting task, more daunting because in the past you would have gotten them some pretty awesome gifts and so as the years roll by, it is important for you to up the ante. But how do you surpass the great gifts given from years before?
First, you should note that choosing the perfect gift is not a day’s job. It takes a full year – or two – (depending on the occasion), to plan. So, to ensure maximum effectiveness, we shall take this topic over the course of a couple of weeks to cover every occasion/celebration possible.
For today, we’ll start with Birthdays.
When choosing the perfect Birthday gift;
- Begin planning a full year before the birthday. That is, from the very next day after the last birthday.
- Apportion a percentage of your allowance/salary into a separate savings account in preparation of purchasing whatever it is you finally decide to buy. This is to ensure you do not have buyer’s remorse after purchasing a gift when you realize you no longer have funds to sustain yourself before the next pay check.
- Make a budget with two points: The first point will be the highest price you are willing to spend on the gift while the second will be the lowest price it can fall to, that is, if the price is important to your gift.
- Always remember that birthdays are a special time of the year for everyone so make sure your gift speaks more sentimental than functional.
- Keep in mind that the perfect birthday gift will let the receiver know that the giver put a lot of thought into it. So aim to please the person and no one else, not even yourself.
- Never forget that presentation is important! A good gift in shabby wrapping might just as well be a terrible gift.
Customized gifts are also wonderful as birthday gifts. No matter how mundane the gift is, a customized birthday gift lets the receiver know that they are special enough to have a card/present made just for them. It is a show of affection like no other.
So don’t forget to shop Greetings World gifts for all your favorite personalized cards, mugs and also flowers!